Get A Free Moving Quote
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Licensing and Insurance

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

The moving business is regulated to protect the consumer.

Using a bargain or craigslist operator is one of the worst decisions one can make in moving their household.

These rogue operators prey on uneducated consumers and will not play by industry rules when something goes wrong. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of their trap. Here’s what to look for:

Valid Federal Authority:

  • Valid United States Department of Transportation number: USDOT 2105554 – which provides authorization to participate in interstate commerce (across state lines)
  • Valid Motor Carrier number: MC 734366 – which indicates we are licensed to haul household goods

Valid State Authority (Only Applicable for Intrastate Moves in Regulated States in which we operate):

  • Valid New York State Department of Transportation number: NYSDOT 38830 – which provides authorization to transport household goods within the state of NY

Employees vs. Subcontractors

Many moving companies utilize sub-contractors in order to save on employer taxes and worker’s compensation. We feel this is down right wrong. When you hire Suburban Solutions for your move, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing you’re working with dedicated company employees. They are also insured in the event of an on the job injury by our worker’s compensation policy.

Valid Proof of Insurance:

Under federal law, all licensed movers must provide general liability, automotive and cargo insurance in the event of an accident. We carry all of the aforementioned polices in addition to a warehouseman’s policy to protect client’s goods in storage.

Insurance coverage can be verified by what’s called a Certificate of Insurance (COI) and Proof of Worker’s Comp Coverage. If the building requires these, please contact the local office for electronic copies.

When scheduling a move in or out of a residential or commercial building, often times your building management will require a COI containing specific details. In this event, please request a template from the building. Most will be able to provide a template, however for those buildings who can’t, we simply need to know who they’ll require as
A) The Certificate Holder & Address
B) Any and all Additional Insured parties with corresponding addresses

Once we receive either the template or required information, we will submit to our insurance agent for processing. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing.