FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We are fully a fully licensed and insured moving company in every state we operate in, including but not limited to Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, Pennsylvania and New York.
- Under state regulations every licensed carrier is required to carry auto, cargo and general liability insurance.
- We also carry workers compensation and commercial truck policies.
- Ask ALL of the companies you are soliciting quotes from about their coverages.
- We wrap your furniture with furniture pads and then secure them with stretch wrap to eliminate damages and scratches to your furniture.
- We also use cargo straps on our trucks to tie down and secure certain objects from shifting during transit.
- We offer the standard valuation of 60 ¢ per pound and then offer additional and full coverage based on the pieces and aggregate value of the inventory.
- More information can be found in the Insurance sub-page.
- We do not warranty Particle Board and other pressed wood furniture for its integrity and quality is not made for multiple moves and the associated shifting and stressing seen when lifted and carried.
We completely understand that pricing is one of the most important aspects in determining the right company for your move. As such, all additional information regarding our services, estimate, trucks, insurance, furniture protection, etc is outlined in significant detail in every quote / estimate we send out. Our estimates are based off of your details and our years of experience moving similar residences. For clarity’s sake, our estimates for local jobs are broken down into two main parts:
- Truck Fee includes mileage, fuel, furniture pads, dollies, straps, etc.
- Hourly Labor Rate: is based off the size of the crew and is prorated by the minute after the first 2 hours, so you’ll never pay more than the exact time we work.
- Our Labor Rate is a function of what it takes us to pay a prevailing wage, cover our insurances, worker’s comp policy, pay FICA and support a full time W2 staff. This charge also allows us to outfit our crews with uniforms, provide them paid and professional training and pay an office staff that works to deliver the communication and logistical help needed for a business of our size.
- The rate is subject to size of the crew and is prorated by the minute (anyone else in the industry doing this?), so you’ll never pay more than the EXACT time we work.
- Most moving companies charge a fee for their commute to and from the job in what is known as a “travel fee”. Suburban Solutions has a more reasonable approach.
- For labor charges, we start the clock when the truck and crew are in position at your starting location. We stop the clock once we are finished and you are satisfied with the placement of the items at your final destination.
- We do need to account for the expense in the use of our trucks (fuel which includes getting from our facility to the pick-up location, and from the final destination back to our facility. In addition we must cover the cost of our guys’ labor, tolls, wrap, blankets, repairs and the moving equipment used.
- The High-End and Low-End quoting process has been a key part of our estimating process since our inception.
- The range we provide you is based on YOUR DETAILS. Our estimators use years of experience gauging the complexity of each job and assign the number of hours it will take the appropriately sized crew to complete the job in a safe and efficient manner.
- The high end represents a slight inflation of the inventory and access simplicity and the low end is the best-case scenario given what we’ve seen in the submitted job form.
- This NON-Binding estimate is based on several factors including inventory, stairs, hallway length, parking proximity, organization of client’s items, etc…
- Proper Inventories and Detail submissions from the on set and during email communications before the job ensure an accurate time estimate. In some cases there are extemporaneous circumstances that will blow an estimate. Examples of this include, furniture built inside an apartment now requiring disembly, drop off location difficulties, fitting items inside new residence, misrepresented details and lists that magically expand the night before the move!
- By taking the time up to fill the initial job request in correctly, everyone involved will be fully aware of the specific circumstances they will find on moving day. The majority of moving companies base their estimates for local moves on an hourly rate. Inaccurate inventory lists and poor packing and consolidation by customers are some of the biggest contributors to jobs taking longer than the High End estimate.
- Moving time is reduced and maneuverability is increased when your dresser drawers are empty. If the dresser is small and lightweight, the only items that need to be removed are breakables, liquids, valuables, money, jewelry, or important documents.
- Don’t worry about taping drawers shut, the wrapping process secures them.
- As a note – Please remove shelving & hardware from furniture, as it will speed up the move process and limit forgotten shelf breakage.
- While it is perfectly fine for customers to pack up on their own, please be aware of the potential problems. Packing yourself can possibly save you money, but if done incorrectly could actually cost you more.
- If you plan on doing it yourself, please read our helpful packing tips on how to pack like the professionals. It’s also important to keep in mind that our insurance coverage will not pay out on goods packed by their owner, unless the exterior of the box is damaged.
- We have all the necessary tools to disassemble and reassemble your furniture if needed. Be aware that disassembly for some furniture is not recommended for different reasons. If you happen to have furniture that cannot be disassembled, we will find an alternative way to move it. Many customers wish to handle disassembly and reassembly on their own to save time. This is perfectly acceptable. Just remember to keep track of all hardware (hint: zip-loc bags). Typically we will not breakdown heavy or electronic gym equipment, cribs, bunk beds, intricate beds w/ built in storage or appliances
- Please cut out the box spring line
- No. We never charge any fees not described in your estimate email. There may be additional costs if you choose to buy or rent specialized packing materials. We do not always carry a stock of extra or specialty items on our trucks, so please let us know in advance! WARDROBE BOXES are available for both purchase and daily rental. Mattress Bags are available for purchase as well and come sealed for single use only.
- On certain jobs, especially longer more physically demanding ones, the movers may wish to break temporarily.
- When a break becomes necessary, the customer will always be informed and the duration of the break will be deducted from the total hourly labor expense.
- Suburban Solutions always assigns the most efficient number of movers to each move. Depending on your specific situation, we will let you know the most cost effective solution to meet your specific needs.
- It is usually more expensive and time consuming to under-staff a move. A smaller crew might have a lower hourly rate, but they will take longer to complete the move.
- It has been well documented that when there aren’t enough movers on a job, crews are more likely to rush and fatigue sooner, raising the possibility of damage or injury.
- In certain cases we might provide you with a window of arrival if your move is scheduled in the afternoon.
- It might be the crew’s second move of that day, and we can’t be 100% certain of their arrival time until the first move is finished.
- Although we try our best, there is no formula that can determine the exact duration of any jobs that we scheduled prior to yours.
- However, we will stay in contact the day of the move and call you with an updated ETA.
- Suburban Solutions only charges you for the time we actually work. We bill by the minute – almost unheard of in our industry.
- So, if your move takes 3 hours and 11 minutes, you only pay for 3 hours and 11 minutes, or 3.18 HRs, worth of work.
- Many other moving companies round up to the nearest hour.
- We accept: cash, personal check, money order, company check, or major credit cards such as: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Credit Processing fees may apply. Certain locations may not accept personal checks over $2,500. Please consult your local branch for final payment instructions.
- Tips are not included in our estimate, however if you think the crew did a great job and you would like to recognize their hard work, tips are always appreciated.
Our Clients Feedback
We hired Suburban Solutions to help load/pack our moving truck and they were fantastic to work with. Brian was quick to respond and great answering all my questions and getting us all set up for the move. They're insured, were reasonably priced, had great reviews, and after speaking with Brian on the phone, I felt very confident moving forward.We had... read moreMegan N.1/25/2021
We used Suburban Solutions for a three-point move, and it was completely flawless. Both teams handled everything with care, were on time and efficient and had great personalities! We recommend this team to everyone and everyone!Devin S.1/23/2021
We used this company in the middle of the corona virus outbreak and are concern was social distancing to be safe. They asked for pictures what we were moving and gave us a quote. They were so professional and responsive to my emails. They nailed the time to finish our move. I would always use them. Thank you for making... read moreMichael K.1/19/2021
The crew did a great job. There was excellent communication from Cynthia and Bobby at the office and the crew handled the headache of Philly parking with the trucks really well. They handled furniture and electronics with care, were very friendly and even finished about two hours early all at a very reasonable price. I wouldn’t hesitate to use or... read moreBenjamin D.1/17/2021
While moving can be chaotic, Suburban Solutions led by Bobby were EXCELLENT from start to finish. Pre-move, their online portal allowed me to control my move costs by changing out/editing the list of items to keep costs in check. I ended up moving some items to storage facility on my own along the way that allowed me to... read morePatrick S.1/12/2021
Matt and Fred were so efficient, punctual, and respectful. They wrapped all of our furniture so well and were very conscientious of moving in and out of smaller spaces. They also were safe the entire time and followed COVID protocols. I didn’t see him on moving day, but one of the owners, Bobby, was in contact with me multiple times... read moreAbigail G.1/04/2021
We would hire Suburban Solutions again! Steven, Ethan, Marcus, Marshall did a great job. Very professional, efficient. They arrived on time, called ahead, called with estimated arrival time. Moved from DC to Pa. They took the stress out of moving and took good care of our furniture.S C.12/16/2020
We had a great experience with Suburban Solutions, our movers were Mike, Matt, and Dionne (sorry if I misspelled that!). They were professional, friendly, on time, explained all of the paperwork, and they took great care of our belongings. Their services are also competitively priced, I compared about 6-7 moving companies and Suburban had the best prices. Definitely recommend!!Kyra L.12/14/2020
These guys were spectacular. They were quick, informative and very professional. They wrapped everything and handled my expensive appliances with care.
I have to give a huge shout out to Matt, Brett and Chris for this move. They made this painless. I highly recommend this company and these movers
These guys were awesome. We used them for our move in West Chester and not only were they pleasant and cordial, but they were FAST! 5 guys showed up and in 4 hours they loaded, drove and unloaded. So happy we went with them. Would highly recommend!katsunderthestars12/09/2020
Mike P. And Matt P. are brothers and did our move. They were the best movers I’ve used and I’ve relocated several times. They were efficient, pleasant and accommodating. I would highly recommend them. And Suburban Solutions very was helpful and accommodating in planning my move. I had to upset my inventory a few times and they made this easy.... read moreJames R.12/07/2020
We used Suburban Solution for our local move. Bobby was very responsive by email. Charlie and team came pretty much on time, and did the work in the planned 8 hours without any losses/damage. Charlie in particular is experienced and would quickly resolve any potential issues.Dmitriy F.12/03/2020
Just an update to say that we've used Suburban Solutions for two subsequent moves as well, the latest just yesterday. We have had no problems of any kind -- no missing stuff, no delays, no parking nonsense, nothing. Just incredibly prompt, professional service. It means a lot that we have a company we can trust completely.Dylan M.12/02/2020
This was my first time using professional movers, and I was very impressed with how Suburban Solutions handled everything. From scheduling the move and updating the inventory to the actual day the move, everything was done professionally, efficiently, and responsively. Shawn, James, and Dara did were super helpful and efficient while also being careful with my furniture and belongings. Dara... read moreHunter W.11/23/2020
We recently moved from an apartment and to a new house. Also needed to empty a storage unit. We had underestimated the move but the movers made it work and were very efficient. They were polite and very helpful as well. Would recommend to anyone for an upcoming move or any moving services. Cost was very reasonable. Fantastic service! Thank you!Amy S.11/20/2020
I turned to Suburban Solutions after several unsatisfactory experiences with other local moving companies. My move was going to be unique because I needed to move furniture from multiple locations and storage units. Suburban Solutions listened to my needs and developed a plan that would fulfill my needs and get me all moved in the shortest amount of time. The... read moreStephanie D.11/11/2020
My wife and I have moved several times over the years, and Suburban Solutions has been the best move we have ever experienced. Specifically Mike, Elijah, and Fred were extremely professional, on time, and were able to move large pieces of furniture up and down multiple stairways without any issue or damage. These guys are the go-to for any moves... read moreCameron c.11/05/2020
The management team contacted me to help make this right with a monetary adjustment and expressed their concern with my experience and communicated the action they would take on their end in order to make sure this doesn't happen again. I hope the experience was better in the first place, but was heartened by how seriously the team did take... read moreEmily W.10/31/2020
From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank Suburban Solutions for making the move for our uncle an easy one. We sincerely appreciate their constant and clear communication with us. On the moving days, all employees were thorough, thoughtful, patient, and expedient throughout the entire process. When/if we need another move, we will be sure to contact Suburban... read moreKristen W.10/19/2020
I hired Suburban Solutions to help me with my move this past weekend and they were incredible! Shaun and Marshel moved my items quickly and efficiently. The process for hiring them was smooth and easy thanks to Brian, even though I booked the last minute. I highly recommend using Suburban Solutions for your next move!Alexis G.9/28/2020
We hired Suburban Solutions for a somewhat complicated move back to our home from our temporary apartment and storage units. Michael, Aaron and Brett were very timely, professional, and they were really quick with the move. There were no damages reported, and they were really careful to wrap delicate/heavy items loosely. There were more items than originally estimated, and they... read moreHeather O.9/21/2020
We were very pleased with the difficult move that Lamar and his team of 4 had to manage. We have *a lot* of heavy stuff that needed to be moved from a 6th floor apt w/ a small freight elevator to a 3-story walk-up (going up 4 flights as they unloaded truck at basement level). Not only was the team... read moreKristine B.9/15/2020
We hired them for our move two days ago and they were absolutely great. They came right on time, they were all wearing masks and keeping a COVID-appropriate distance from us, and were all extremely nice and friendly (Jeff, Wayne, Starsky and Vaughndale).. They wrapped up our furniture carefully and moved all our items with care. I also couldn't believe... read moreMegan F.9/04/2020
We used Suburban Solutions to move us on Sunday after our other mover cancelled last minute. We needed large heavy furniture moved and they did a great job. The crew is pleasant and strong. We called them last minute in a panic and they saved us. We will definitely use them again and recommend them mto family and friendsVictoria F.9/01/2020
I have used Suburban Solution 3 times in 10 years. My most recent move from Laurel MD to Charlotte NC is my last move with the company. Darrel and the Maryland team were very punctual, respectful and faster. They wrap what they could and handle all of my furniture with care. Darrel and the Charlotte team move... read moreCrystal L.7/24/2020
I didn't actually use their services, but they were definitely very responsive and helpful after a horrendous experience with another moving company (A-Anytime Movers; I gave them a nasty 1-star review). Long story short, they were supposed to come in the morning but they mistakenly booked me for an afternoon slot. I tried calling them multiple times, but it kept... read moreJeff C.7/12/2020
This is the 4th time we have used SS. Isaiah & Jeff were fast, careful & friendly. Thank you! Isaiah helped with our last move as well. I can't say enough good things about the crews we have had.Jennie F.7/10/2020
They moved me this morning, and my team of three was just fantastic. Moving me from Silver Spring to Columbia took 3.25 hours, and that includes travel time, which meant they came in under the estimate. It was so hot and humid, and not once did they seem to slow down because of it. They also did... read moreVirginia S.7/09/2020
Had a move a couple weeks ago with this company and it was excellent. Dara and Darrel came on time and worked quickly and efficiently. They were even able to get large furniture out of a small space without causing the slightest bit of damage to the home or the furniture. They made a very stressful day less stressful. They... read moreSarah F.6/27/2020
From the jump, i knew that Suburban Solutions was the company to go with for our HHG move. Brian Fitzgerald, the owner, was very communicative, honest, and understanding to our needs. I underestimated the amount of things we had in our home and thought one 26ft and 3 guys would be enough. He said a 26ft and a 16ft would... read morePeter N.6/15/2020
Suburban Solutions did an excellent job the second time we used them! They take great care in wrapping your items and making sure they're protected and organized. They were efficient with the job as well. Nice and helpful employees. Thank you!Will M.5/20/2020
Suburban Solutions is a great company for all of your hauling needs. They communicated well quoted prices with no tricks and delivered as they promised. Dara went above and beyond to help me retrieve a chair for my mom that we mistakenly threw out from my father that passed. We are forever grateful to him for locating it... read moreMandy J.5/16/2020
After our first moving company cancelled due to the pandemic, we were worried we would have to move with just two pair of hands and a truck. But Suburban Solutions stepped up and did a fantastic job! Communication was clear from the time I asked for a quote and I got several check-in calls prior to the day of the... read moreMaja S.5/06/2020
Great experience during my move. The crew showed up within the designated arrival time frame, came in and started wrapping things. They didn’t waste anytime. They were very polite throughout the day, and even told me when they were going to take a 5 minute break (only break of the day). I was very happy with the service.Jessica C.5/04/2020
I wish I could give them 6 stars! Lamar and Tyler went above and beyond, their energy and positive attitude was infectious and they moved everything so quickly (even with 3+ floors in our house). They wrapped EVERYTHING. We're still unpacking but everything seems to be fine with very minimal damages to anything. Lamar especially kept everyone spirits up throughout... read moreJulia C.5/03/2020
A team from suburban solutions helped me move from one apartment to another in Philadelphia last weekend in the midst of all of the craziness going on right now. They followed all of the CDC recommended precautions, like wearing masks and gloves, and still managed to be extremely efficient in the move. The entire process was finished by the early... read moreAshley F.4/28/2020
I used Suburban Solutions to move from Rockville to Gaithersburg today and they were great! Josh, James, Dara, and Eddie were pleasant and very efficient. I some furniture in a loft room that I thought would be really hard to move down, but they handled it in seconds. As far as I can tell, nothing was damaged. I'd definitely use... read moreKirsten S.4/16/2020
This is the 5th time that I've used Suburban Solutions for a move, the 2nd time I've used them for a long-distance move, and the first time I've used them during a global virus pandemic! They are an exceptional company. I contacted Brian and his team 8 years ago when I first moved from NY to DC and used them... read moreMichael G.4/14/2020
For more information on our services, please see the links below
We recognize there’s a big difference between moving a five-bedroom house and a 12’×12′ studio apartment. That’s why, for you urban dwellers, we developed our swiftest and most efficient city-to-city moving option: The Sub-Solv Express.
Office moves can’t be done during normal business hours or your bottom line suffers. Proper care of equipment and items isn’t just for cosmetic purposes. You need it done the right way and with special care.